April 29th, 2019 - Transactions on own shares
Verona, April 29th, 2019. No transactions on own shares have been concluded by the Company in the period between April 15th and April 26th, 2019 within the limits granted by the Shareholders’ Meeting of April 13th, 2019.
After the transactions on own shares carried out until now, Cattolica Assicurazioni holds a total of 7,036,907 own shares equal to approximately 4.04% of its share capital.
Following the approval of the plan for the purchase and sale of own shares by the General Meeting of Cattolica Assicurazioni on April 13th, 2019, the company announces the continuation of such activity on own shares, on the basis of the new authorization granted by the General Meeting.
The General Meeting approved the plan for the purchase and sale of own shares in accordance with the law. The proposed authorisation concerns the purchase, on one or more occasions, of own shares up to the maximum number permitted by current legislative provisions, and therefore up to 20% of the pro tempore share capital of the Company, for a period of 18 months as from the date of the General Meeting’s resolution. The purchase price of the shares cannot be lower of more than 20% of the official price of Cattolica shares as registered by Borsa Italiana S.p.A. during the trading day preceding every single trade. Purchases and sales – the latter if carried out on the market – won’t be higher than the 25% of the daily average share volume registered by Borsa Italiana S.p.A.; such volume will be calculated on the basis of the daily average volume of exchanges of the 20 trading days preceding the date of every single purchase. The purchases will have to be carried out in compliance with the applicable legislative provisions and in particular with regard to the provisions envisaged by art.144-bis, paragraph 1 lett. b) of Regolamento Emittenti.
The activity of purchasing and selling own shares aims at availing in advance of a block of shares available for transactions of various kinds, among which:
- extraordinary transactions aiming at establishing relationships or partnerships with other industrial or financial players, remining within the Company’s core business;
- remuneration plans based on financial instruments;
- allocation of shares to shareholders by way of dividend;
- interventions on the market aimed at providing liquidity and stable volumes for security trading, in the interests of shareholders and of the Company and to avoid uncertainties and unjustified fluctuations in listed prices;
- with a view to medium and long-term investment or in any event in order to seize market opportunities, each time it is appropriate, both on the market and (only with regard to that which concerns sale) on the so-called over the counter markets or also outside any market, providing this takes into account the prices of the regulated market;
- to ease, when appropriate, in extraordinary situations and in connection with a lack of liquidity of the shares, a timely realignment of the capital structure, to avoid the risk of destabilization and the risk of sudden market movements that might entail a difficult balance between supply and demand of the shares.
It is hereby specified that the request for authorisation to purchase own shares is not directed at transactions for the reduction of the Company’s share capital via cancellation of the own shares acquired.
The own share purchase and sale operations will therefore continue, as per the formalities adopted to-date also taking into account the new resolution.