Equal Opportunities Commission
Among the most relevant in the ESG sphere especially in recent years, the issues of diversity and inclusion have long been at the centre of Cattolica’s agenda, and together with aspects of fairness have found a valuable tool for discussion and action in the Equal Opportunities Commission.
The Commission is a joint body consisting of representatives of the trade unions and the company. It met regularly in 2021 and addressed issues of significant social value, especially in the current difficult context:
- proposition and implementation of positive actions to create and foster conditions of real equality between female and male workers within the Company;
- implementing interventions and initiatives aiming at eliminating all forms of direct and indirect discrimination that hinder the full realisation of the equal opportunities principles in the working activities;
- proposition of formulas to balance professional life with private life, in order to favour a different organisation of work, the balance between work and family and professional responsibilities and a better division of these responsibilities between men and women;
- promotion of equal treatment in the workplace, also thanks to the preparation of joint affirmative action programmes for the benefit of women’s work and for the elimination of differences and discrimination under the Lisbon Treaty, as well as for gender, age and skill levels;
- verifying that equal training and professional growth opportunities are guaranteed to all staff without distinction as to sex, race, language, religion, political opinions, individual and social conditions.
Workforce by classification and gender as at 31 December
Workforce by classification and age as at 31 December
Protected category employees as at 31 December